Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Starting over, yet again...Ugh

(The following blog will be a culmination of musings, stories, blurred memories, drunken confessions, age-old secrets, sage advice and the product of dreams brought to life from the perspective of a mid-western United States girl living abroad in London for the first time)

I have started this blog with many reservations and the experience of tried-and-failed attempts at creating one before. However, the crazed combination of getting married and leaving Michigan for England and leaving behind everything from my family to my job to start anew has compelled me to try again...if only for my sanity.

After meeting a charming Brit at my cousin's wedding in 2009, we kept in touch and began what turned into a long-distance relationship and engagement. Six months ago we had a Big Indian Wedding in my home-town in Michigan. 

We've had a lot of ups and downs in our whirlwind romance only to begin all over again once I finally made the move to cheery old England. Six months after my move and getting married, I am starting to explore London, trying to have a normal social life and am coming to terms with starting a new chapter of my life in a place that condones the use of 'bollocks' and 'spotted dick' in regular vocabulary.

And so it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment